My dear Myles turned 26 on October 13th
...
...
However he did not have much of a birthday because he was studying all day for his CPA exam which he took the following Monday.
When i say we didn't do anything, that means he studied while I watched Gossip Girl.
What an awful birthday.
I think I felt worse than he did about the whole deal.
Monday came and went
His CPA exam is over *sigh of relief*
I am so proud of Myles and all of his hard work.
Especially for studying on his birthday. Who does that? Not I, said the Kat.
I decided that Myles needed a major break so we went up to Pinetop this passed weekend and stayed at "Grandma Bill's" cabin.*
We drove up Friday night, had a great little road trip jammin to tunes and laughing.
When we got there Grandma and Bill gave Myles his birthday present which was a brand new BB Gun. Myles was like a kid opening that thing.
The next morning we woke up and wanted to test it out! We also brought up my air pistols and Bill is the proud owner of a glock and a few other real firearms.
Grandma is a great little target setter upper.
After that, we drove up to our favorite restaurant in all of Arizona.
Java Blues, Eager, Arizona.
It takes about an hour to get there from the cabin and it is always more than worth the trip. We've been there 4 times now and it gets better every time! Some times Myles and I seriously consider driving 4 hours just to eat there. That's the fattest thing i've ever admitted, but they really have the best bbq pulled pork sandwich in the Southwest.
EVERYONE GO THERE NOW.
We always play the card game "Golf" great game, super fun. Myles, Grandma, Bill and I are very competitive so we have lots of funny moments. I don't think we've ever played a game without cracking up for some reason. You know, a full on gut laugh with tears streamin down your face? I always look forward to that moment and now we have great inside jokes like
"The Dog" and "The last cigarette"
"The Dog" and "The last cigarette"
Grandma and I teamed up against Myles and Bill. I think overall the girls took the cake. The boys like to talk a little smack but Grandma and I keep quiet, that's how Lady Luck stays on our side. I, Kat Turk was the reigning champ of the individual games we played... not to brag or anything....
We love Grandma and Bill. We are so grateful to have such fun and loving grandparents. I've said this a million times but when we hang out with them it's like hanging out with another couple our age. How many people can say that about their grandparents?? I hope more than I think
No comments:
Post a Comment